Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cherry Blossom Time

Maruyama Koen, Kyoto, Japan

Last week, I was attending Presentation Reboot and sat at a table with Ai Reynolds. Ai is the wife of Garr Reynolds (author of Presentation Zen). About 10 minutes into our conversation I said, "It's Cherry Blossom time in Japan, isn't it?".
"Yes. It's about that time", she replied.

March and April can only mean Cherry Blossoms, for anyone who has spent significant time in Japan. And there is no time better in Japan (or on this planet, I would argue) than cherry blossom time - or hanami (flower viewing) time.

This photo is one I took in Kyoto, of the weeping cherry tree at Maruyama Koen. Angie and I spent an evening there, drinking sake and listening to Jpaanese sing karaoke. The smell of yakitori, the taste of sake, the sight of sakura - it was one of the best nights of my life.


0 comments: